AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you do? Planter & Combine ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MFinMO
Posted 3/27/2010 14:12 (#1138975 - in reply to #1138944)
Subject: Re: What would you do? Planter & Combine ???

West Central, MO
I'm not taking any advice or suggestions on here as criticism. Otherwise I wouldn't be posting up asking for suggestions.

Farming is not our full time business--that's another reason for the larger equipment, we need our farm manager to be able to get it done by himself or with 1 helper if necessary. The 8330 is certainly overkill, but there's another reason for it besides farming. And yes we can also knock out 60 A/day with the drill & twice that with the 7200 on 30" rows. But again, maybe it's just the last 3 years weren't 'normal', but every year it's taken us about 6 weeks to finish up beans because of rain delays. These bottoms do not dry out fast.......get rained out........4 days later it's almost perfect..........rains again. Another 4-5 days about to plant..........rains again. And this pattern has been repeated over and over. So we're thru counting on that being a possibility. And the drill has proven to be a waste of seed with no yield advantage.

I would rather trade the drill for a 6/11 split row than to keep planting with it. One reason we haven't really considered a 12/23 is because we haven't seen any priced for enough less to justify it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)