AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

coulter blade attchments on chisel plows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rustndust
Posted 3/27/2010 12:24 (#1138860 - in reply to #1138700)
Subject: RE: coulter blade attchments on chisel plows

Hi;
I have converted a 40' concord airseeder (12" space) to run the verticle tillage units (wilrich brand)
I really like it, it pulls very easy compared to a great plains turbo till or a summers supercoulter.
I left the packer wheels on the back, and don't run any kind of harrow either.
The packer wheels push down the corn stubble so it doesn't blow around into drifts.
If you are trying to dry out a field, this might not be your best way to go...but if you just want to chop up heavy residue..I think it works great.
I plant behind it with another concord air seeder (beans) and the depth control is good cause you didn't loosen up the ground much even with two trips with the verticle tillage machine.
Also..the concord frame is heavy..and the extra weight works well to keep the verticle units working at an even depth. In extra heavy stubble...it will come out of the ground ( you can see the packer wheels lift out of the ground)
The only drawback I have experienced is when in transport position..my tillage units run close to the ground on a crowned gravel road.
The wilrich units are holding up well...I have the 13 wave coulters, and it doesnt throw a lot of dirt, either.
Good luck
RustNdust
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)