AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Continuation of tall jack stands for sprayers thread....PICS!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/27/2010 07:25 (#1138534)
Subject: Continuation of tall jack stands for sprayers thread....PICS!

Chebanse, IL.....

Man...these posts really fly these days! I just read about the tall jacks/jack stands for sprayers.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=158394&mid=1137200#M1137200

I'd like to share ours. This is NOT an advertisement! We were looking for a tall stand to change wheels on a JD4830. JD offers one of their own they mention in the o.m. It seemed expensive, I think well over $1000. We did personally view the JD offering. Searched on internet & found this one. It's from an automotive supply outfit called Greg Smith Equipment.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HT57501&Show=TechSpecs

The price was $249 plus common carrier shipping ($40?). When the stand showed up, I'd say it was more substantial than the photos relate. The stand weighs 160#! Range is from 53"-74". The handle thing at the top is threaded & gives a "fine tune" height adjustment of another 5". The inner tube is spring supported so that when you pull the pin out, it doesn't drop like a rock. It just stays suspended. You have to push very slightly to get it to move downward. The dolly wheels are spring loaded also to make the jack easily movable when there's no weight on it. It comes w/3 different easily-changable pads for the top. We took one of them & modified it to fit the axle housings on the JD sprayer. I do not recommend modifying factory equipment.

The photos below are the one we bought, in our shop.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)