AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coolant "filter"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sdan27
Posted 3/27/2010 00:55 (#1138439 - in reply to #1138393)
Subject: Re: Coolant "filter"

We have a MF6480 that I finally changed the coolant in after about 7000 hours. I used a flushing solvent and thought I had it all cleaned out but after a short time, noticed the coolant looked worse, dirtier than before. So I installed a coolant filter on the tractor. Soon after, I'd check the filter and even though the tractor had been running all morning, the filter was cold so I'd change it again. Changed the filter about three or four times before the coolant started looking normal and would always be warm to the touch. Also found on a few engines I replaced water pumps on, the filter would get plugged shortly after from debris the water pump let loose in the coolant. The primary difference between coolant filters is the amount of coolant additive they contain and add to the cooling system. Some filters contain more than others and are designed for use with larger size cooling systems. Here is a link that talks all about it. http://www.cumminsfiltration.com/pdfs/product_lit/americas_brochure...

Edited by sdan27 3/27/2010 01:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)