AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Magnum MFD differences
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mr. Snerdly1
Posted 2/26/2007 20:26 (#111563 - in reply to #111462)
Subject: RE: Magnum MFD differences

I was not aware the rear end was any heavier in the 50 than the 40. If it is I am betting it maybe has 4 planet gears in the final drive planetary rather than 3. I know the the biggest MX series had a 4 planet gear system but I was not aware of it in the 50, but it is possible. I don't think the ring gear and pinion is any heavier, but it is plenty heavy enough. The Magnum is the most overbuilt tractor I have ever seen and I have never heard of one going out unless something unusual happened, such as run out of oil or maybe a factory screw up. They are built like a tank.

I don't think there is really much difference in turning on any of the older Magnums. I believe the brakes are a little better on the 30, 40 and 50 Magnums than on the 10 and 20, not that anything is wrong with the smaller ones. I have an 8920 MFD and get along fine with the turning but I have my front set on I believe 68" tread. It will still go down a 30" row and helps the turning quite a bit.

It is a damn shame IH couldn't have brought out the Magnum a few years before they did. I believe they would still be in business and not far behind Deere in sales.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)