AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8010 vs 570R
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmboy611
Posted 3/9/2010 13:07 (#1112171)
Subject: 8010 vs 570R

South Central Manitoba
Doing a little combine shopping and have come to two final selections. 8010 case and a 570R Lexion. Both are 2005's
8010 has 1340sep hours and the 570R has 1090sep hours. Both are quite fully loaded with all options. The 8010 comes from just east of Fargo ND and the 570 comes from a dealer 40min from where I am. I have a case dealer the same distance. The 8010 probably did mostly corn while the Lexion did mostly small grains in the past. The Lexion is $170000 and includes a header while the 8010 is $150can no head and needs to be transported yet. Both would cost about the same once all is said and done.

My question is which is the better machine? For both capacity and reliablity. I have read a lot of postings on here that bash the 8010 for having too many issues with being built too light. Lots of posting that say Lexion is better on fuel and built stronger. If set right the case should have better capacity I'd think. I farm 4000acres and have one 04 2388case already. I am dropping my 9600JD. Which other combine should I get? There are way more case machines in my area than you will ever find cat. What does that say? As for dealer service its hit and miss in my area. A few cat dealers relatively close but there's a few more case ones too. What should I be looking for in these too machines as I will be inspecting them myself later this week. Theres also a 2003 480R with the 1183sep hours, similar options and same price. Haven't come across any other 8010s in this price range in my area that can match these specs. I will be posting this all week for I am real interested in hearing others opinions.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)