AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LLC corp buying land
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 3/9/2010 11:52 (#1112081 - in reply to #1111330)
Subject: If I were an IRS agent, I would attack that from perspective that the structure was set up..........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

for the sole purpose of avoiding income taxes.......se taxes in this case, and possibly income taxes on part of kids...........

and therefore the structure would be looked thru.........plus penalties and interest...........

.........or it would cost a bunch to fight it.

Therefore.................walk around the problem...........do something that is known to work.......in this case, an S corp.........crap can the LLC.......

My favorite description for LLC............made by a tax guru............LLCs are like kissing your sister--------lots of fun in the short term, but if pursued will cause lots of pain and suffering in the long term.

The kids can inherit the stock of the S corp, and get a stepped up basis on it.........and if the advisor uses his head, he will not load too much land into any one entity so estate problems are avoided.

Having the wife involved is short term romantic, long term accomplishes zip......and sets the stage for potential problems.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)