AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trans. Diff. ratios 33k GVW truck??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RodInNS
Posted 2/25/2007 22:57 (#111190 - in reply to #110646)
Subject: Re: Trans. Diff. ratios 33k GVW truck??

I'll admit that I'm curious to see how the new engines turn out (6.4)... but no way, no how, never, will I go back to a mechanical Cummins. NFW. Celect was the best thing Cummis ever did, regardless of it's repair costs and such when it fails. Those engines have improved performance, fuel economy, and starting. I've had a 350++ Formula, and an N14-435. I'll never go back.
So far as that sand trap they're installing in the tail pipe.... I'm quite sure that around these parts, once that plugs up, it'll be cut out, or gutted, or otherwise eliminated. I really can't see anyone paying good money to have that thing cleaned every hundred thousand KM, or whatever the interval is. Luckily, the emmissions cops haven't hit here.... yet.

On the gearing and transmission options.... I'd make sure I had a good low hole first and foremost. Beyond that, if the engine was turning 2 grand at 100 km, and could go to 2600, I'd think that plenty. The low axle ratio could be good. Help slow the reverse down if nothing else. Can you at least test drive a similairly equipped truck before you order? I'd go that route if I could.

Rod
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)