AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Value of used semi
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ernie
Posted 2/25/2007 20:25 (#111048 - in reply to #111027)
Subject: I paid $15000 in 2002

North End I-15
For my 1998 379 day cab Pete . I had a nearly fresh over haul on a 3306 B cat. Been a good truck . But in answer to your question ........ The value would be what it is worth to you , not always the best buy or cheapest price. I paid more for my truck than my neighbor did for his 1990 378 with a cummins engine . His was also a day cab. He is now looking to replace it with a newer truck . Mine will run till I decide to quit. @ less than 7500 miles per year I will be dead and gone before this Pete is wore out. I'm old enought to not need the new smell any more. The year model is not as important as the care and love it had before it got to you. A well maintained ,high mileage truck is worth more than a low mile never been the shop , type truck. Good neighbor Don is a killer on machinery . His philosophy is if it ain't broke don't fix it . His used vehicles are USED ! I knowI paid too much for my truck , but it was well maintained , cared for , and it shows .
Good neighbor Dons truck has spent $ in the Dr.'s office , mine keeps on truck'n :>)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)