AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Edge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ontpete
Posted 2/26/2010 16:24 (#1095329 - in reply to #1094530)
Subject: RE: Edge

I am trying to do a similar job but going from an edge in the spring to an integra in the fall on the combine. Ag leader tells me that I am only able to transfer the info to SMS on the computer but there is no way to get the variety maps to display on the Integra. I would have to use the Integra in the planting tractor as well. In the future the spraying/ fertilizer tractor would have the second unit ( Edge) to make my spray and fertilizer maps that I would have liked to be able to see in the combine at harvest time.
As far as I undertand (please correct me if I am wrong) the Edge will create but not display any Yield or Variety maps on its screen.
My new Combine will be a JD 9570 which comes with the sensor from the factory. The rest of my equipment is red, blue and silver so I do not think it is a good idea for me to go all JD GPS equipment.
I was considering putting the FMX from Trimble in it to make my YM and using the FMX for steering and Swath control in the planting tractor.
I have not talked to Trimble to see if Variety maps would show up in the fall then.

peter

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)