AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SmartStax and crop insurance online survey
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

notilltom
Posted 2/25/2010 16:03 (#1093561 - in reply to #1093152)
Subject: more details on survey

Oswald No-Till Farm Cleghorn, IA
Since I flew through the survey and didn't memorize it, I will do the best I can...

What it seemed to be telling me is that they are testing the notion of offering the option for guys to "buy up" their APH such that the percent coverage would be higher and more similar to actual yields.

I believe one of the examples was that you take your 180 bu/ac APH for example, then could buy it up to 180 bu/ac x 1.1 = 198 bu/ac.

You would have a higher level you would be insuring at 80% (using a baseline that's closer to "normal").

Then, in the price sensitivity section of the survey, they offered different premiums to get that 10% extra "yield" in dollars per acre depending on which unit selection a person chose (Optional, Base, Enterprise).

The key is that you needed to use SmartStax to get this program on what ever unit you insured. And, if you used Enterprise units, you would need to do them all (wouldn't you???).

I have to ask myself....

Who is testing this concept?
What does it have to do with the actual yield potential of SmartStax?
How does it really help me in the long run?
Isn't this just another marketing strategy that will likely use the RMA to help only the most concentrated users of the product in question while probably increasing my premiums on my little farm???

I think there's someone hiding in the woodshed.

They got my opinion when I filled in the box regarding my feelings on this stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)