AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH baler cotton picker????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

twraska
Posted 10/9/2024 07:22 (#10920128 - in reply to #10920080)
Subject: RE: Case IH baler cotton picker????

Wallis, TX
cotton880 - 10/9/2024 06:44

Actually the in-line head is what gave Deere the picker market, it was a slow bleed. Coming from a guy who ran multiple red pickers over the years, their heads were most of the problem. Plastic moisture pad holders, poor air system, and hard to work around were just a few of the issues. Would they pick cotton?, yes, but it took more effort. A properly set in-line head picked just as clean as a red machine. I know this because at one time we ran a 2155 and 9965 at the same time for years. I’m not color blind, I currently run a mixed fleet of red and green equipment, but if case develops a roller picker and doesn’t start with a clean sheet on their heads they won’t sell enough to matter. That said I hope they develop something to compete, because lack of competition in the picker market is not good for anybody except Deere. I seriously doubt case ever gets back in the picker market, it’s a small volume machine with high development and tooling costs.

In those days, we ran red and green, both in-line and conventional side by side. I’ve never seen a 9965 in-line pick as clean as a conventional head unless you loaded it with scrapping plates, front and back, which brought on the trash and bark. The pro16 heads do better but still need scrapping plates in most of the time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)