AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

La Niña arriving to trigger dry winter.. dry growing season for 2025?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 10/5/2024 06:08 (#10915661 - in reply to #10915506)
Subject: Oh Joe, there you go again..

Joe R - 10/4/2024 21:43

So we all get to listen to another year of a Kansas “drought” that has 250 bu irrigated and 125 dry land. One of these years there will be an actual drought but nobody will believe you because you say there is one every year. You tried to say it was bad this year with your cherry picked wheat pics. National yields proved otherwise

Oh Joe there you go again.. “cherry picked wheat pics.”  The neighbor just no tilled has 2025 HRW Wheat crop into a lush stand of volunteer wheat from the 24 crop which he did not harvest.  Lol if you want a picture.. I’ll have to wait for the sun to come up.

So Yal.. it was a struggle but I also posted several screenshots of when the rains arrived for us.. managing to eek out.. mostly a dryland corn crop..  reported yields here went from 15 to.. I had a test plot average.. 140 from afield which went 120.. I’m sure there’s some better but mostly 60 to 80 bu average.

The irrigated was good.

However, you forget to mention the droughts of 2011, 12, 22.. which we are still trying to recover from..  dryland corn yields of 1, 15 and nil.. irrigated of 140, 180 and 170 ish.

I marvel at the statements from the market commentators about “being careful” (which we Always should be) during harvest at this “busy”??? time..  Harvest isn’t any busier here then the rest of the year.. it actually slows down a little for us as we shut the irrigators down.

Here farming is a 50 out of 52 week JOB!!

Yes we are harvesting.. just finished the full season soybeans yesterday.. on to sowing our largest acreage crop HRW Wheat.. guess we’ll be dusting that in.. again.. this year.  Then the double crop soybeans.. working on pivots.. we’ll have 2 to re pipe, motors, we’ve got a well to work over.. it’ll take a couple weeks to fill pivot tracks.

fall spraying preparation for 2025.. haul corn, strip till, wheat top dressing.. by the time we get there.. plant corn.

Lol you stated that the corn crop was “made in July.”  If we quit in July here.. turned off the sprinklers.. our corn would most likely die.

You’re just as annoying to us.. “some clown says the crop is made..” as evidently we are to you.  Yes in some areas I guess you can plant it.. spray it.. and go to the lake for the summer… “must be nice.”

I can’t do that here.  If it rains.. we’ll get a couple days off.  But usually there’s something which needs attention.

This BS which you allure to that “it’s easy” is what’s most annoying.. it is NOT easy nor cheap to raise a crop.. without constant work and monitoring it will most likely fail here.

cheers. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)