AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Homeowner irrigation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 9/21/2024 20:27 (#10899461 - in reply to #10899403)
Subject: RE: Homeowner irrigation

NW Iowa
silagehauler - 9/21/2024 19:53

This is the answer. I tee’d a 1” hydrant right into the top of a 1 1/2” line for a guy to fill his spray truck with. Variable speed pump. It must put out 30 or 40 gpm.

Your spigot might be undersized. The spigot coming out of my house has been abandoned because it restricted flow too much. If you really want flow a 1” hydrant fed by 1” or larger line is what you need. I have 60 psi in the basement with a 1 1/4” line coming out of the pressure tank. I have a 1” hydrant outside about 2’ from the basement foundation. The hydrant is fed by a 1 1/4” line teed off the pressure tank line and going out through the basement foundation. The pump is a 20 gallon variable pump. The hydrant has enough flow and pressure to dig a hole in the sod if it is turned on with no hose attached. You should also think about using 3/4” garden hose. I used to fill a 5000 gallon water tank with a 75’ 5/8” hose and it was painfully slow. I ditched the 5/8 hose and replaced it with a 3/4 hose. With the bigger hose filling the tank cut the fill time by about 30 percent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)