AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School shootings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

junk fun
Posted 9/9/2024 10:19 (#10883677 - in reply to #10883600)
Subject: RE: School shootings

Wisconsin
LPaulson7 - 9/9/2024 09:17
I think an easy solution is to put AR platform guns into the same category as class 3 weapons such as SBRs, suppressors, or machine guns...

And there are very many who agree with you. That is an easy response, but not an effective solution. Sure, it might drop the numbers killed over the next ten years, but I think we've already dropped the numbers by changing the police response from bureaucratic to active (and Uvalde being the exception has actually pushed that change more). How do you feel about muslims committing knife attacks across Europe, should they a regulate the knives or the muslims? I think they probably can't regulate either without changing their society unacceptably. They might screen immigrants better, and expel troublemakers faster, but they're not getting rid of muslims or knives. A faster armed police response will be one result.

I would not have a problem living in some countries with different gun laws, but I don't have a problem with our constitution either, and I'm not willing to change that constitution because of school shootings. In the view of world history over the existence of the US, I think our constitution and way of life have served us well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)