AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Things you find in the field
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmer82
Posted 8/12/2024 20:47 (#10848881 - in reply to #10848634)
Subject: RE: Things you find in the field

S.E. Iowa
Waterlooiowa - 8/12/2024 17:04

Years ago there was a guy that lived 2 miles north of me with his wife and son,,,and his girlfriend and his daughter lived 2 miles south of me.His wife's family had lent him a bunch of money for his construction business and the wife had made it know that if she ever caught him fooling around AGAIN he would be out and the business would be hers,,she found out so he headed to the girlfriends and caught her with a different guy,he turned his truck around got about to my place and realized he didn't have anywhere to go,,,took a walk in a dozen rows and shot himself. I had finished up at another farm and just wanted to get ends off a 40 acres field yet that night,,I took the outside 6 off going up along the fence then brought the next 6 back down.When I got to the end I saw shoes on row 13,then the rest of him facedown I took the combine straight to the house and called the sheriff...I had pulled the planter up too quick and there was a couple feet gap without corn.The sheriff said they found some cigarette butts around him so he must have thought things over for a little while...I was just glad he didn't fall backwards.

No way can I top that but I found a 1918 silver dollar plowing one time. Looked around and saw something shiny and stopped.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)