AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

corporation questions s under c
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 8/10/2024 15:26 (#10846093 - in reply to #10845602)
Subject: RE: corporation questions s under c

Johndeere7920 - 8/10/2024 05:54 Stay away from corps of any kind. Shares might be worth 1000 now then in 50 years when someone has to buy them to get rid of them they’ll be worth 10k. IMO no farm should be in a corporation unless for legal protection and that’s a very poor excuse at best. I’m stuck buying shares from family and my boy if he decides to farm will be buying them as well. Eats up all the profit on good years 2020-2023 and really squeezes on bad years 2024-? It’s not as simple as signing anything over to another holder usually. Shares can’t disappear out of thin air unless the corporation owns all of them at all times. Any that get distributed out to family or whoever at the time of someone’s passing must be bought and put back in the corporations control. I would get not 1 or 2 but 3 opinions from CPAs, attorneys, financial advisors, etc. and beware attorneys love corporations because everything gets so complex anytime you have a question or need something done….$$$$$$$

Your problems are not from being in a corporation.     Your problems are because your dad divided the assets of his estate (the farm) up between you and your siblings.

Edited by Kooiker 8/10/2024 15:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)