AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So from today to Sept 1
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 7/28/2024 11:28 (#10829427 - in reply to #10829063)
Subject: RE: So from today to Sept 1

nc ks
I am well aware of the pitfalls of having to harvest under insurance yield crops, but usually don't complain much unless they are under 30% of insurance guarantee....then I feel like I'm wasting my time sometimes, especially if the grain quality is low as well and harvestability sucks too. Zipping through 35 bu standing corn at 7 mph isn't really that bad of a lot, most people seem to hate their jobs so I feel lucky. We also just got a very unexpected rain this morning on a portion of our fields that will at least keep the beans alive until after the next several days of +100 heat. Won't help the corn that is already toast, but will sustain the corn that is alive for a couple days. Can shut some irrigation down for a day. I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket with this luck.

Hoping for slightly drier most years is just foreign to me, not saying it is wrong in a maximum yield type thing, but the devastation of not even growing enough to cover the soil for the winter winds or to sustain a cow herd is just something you have to experience to understand the feelings of futility. Not many mass migrations out of slightly too wet areas in history.

Edited by kb ag 7/28/2024 11:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)