AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at buying a transplanter. Lots of questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 7/26/2024 03:34 (#10826565 - in reply to #10826529)
Subject: RE: Looking at buying a transplanter. Lots of questions.

coast of Maine
I have tried almost all types.The rotary from Holland ,while it works,is too complicated in gearing to stay productive,once you add soil,wear,stones,etc ,,its stays parked.The old style Holland pocket planters wont do melons well,,they are quite simple for cabbage /tomatoes if bare ground.Dont use anymore here.The very cheapest,very rudimentary is a water wheel.We have two,used often,lettuce,melons,peppers etc,It is a tad bit more actual labor as guys need to get hands dirty/wet and a bit odd physical positions at times.BUT,,it never ever breaks,One basic moving part,works super on/thru poly.Get the ones with teeth that come in various sizes.Get two plus wheels.Get a split tank so driver can see the crew for safety.We have clay particles and need to use a Jamaican condom(inner tubes ) if we run on bare soil.If not it turns wheel into a clay ball.Yes the Chicci is tops,lots out there the weed guys bought and forgot(off smoking ) that are cheap.But it has lots of moving parts.If I was on sad and planted huge acres I would buy a Chiici Maglioli. ,, excuse my Italian,,,of course it could be like a FIAT,,,fix it again tony,,IDK but look and plant slick
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)