AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Camping isn’t what it used to be.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

buckshot
Posted 7/25/2024 22:13 (#10826448 - in reply to #10826343)
Subject: RE: Camping isn’t what it used to be.

jdironman - 7/25/2024 21:10

Was filling my pickup up at local convenience store today and in rolled a new 1 ton Dually GMC Denali pulling a toy hauler, tri axle, whole rig was about same size as semi next to it. I am guessing he had 1 or 2 side by sides in the back. Unfortunately my what does it cost to own brain kicks in and 80000 plus for pickup, 120000 for the camper and approx 50000 for the two side by sides. So 250000, if everything paid for could be earning 5% so 12500, depreciation has to avg 10%, so another 25000, ins maybe 3000$, maintenance on the camper ( guessing minimum of 2000 which include winterizing), probably some place to store in when not in use, so figure another 1500$. So 44000 a year or close to 4000 a month or more if paying interest. (Doesn’t include the diesel or upkeep on the pickup) I remember when camping amounted to a old sleeping bag and a tent that the mice had eaten a few holes. And hopefully a lake to get cleaned up in and hopefully you didn’t forget your roll of TP.
you could not get me to camp if you gave me that whole outfit! I spent a year doing this so called camping in Vietnam with many nights leaning up aginst a tree with rain coming down hoping some gook did not happen upon you and kill you. I am not content anywhere at night except in my own bed without some protection handy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)