AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

why did jd
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dondozer
Posted 7/24/2024 07:50 (#10823851 - in reply to #10823484)
Subject: RE: why did jd

NW Ohio,near Findlay
I will jump in late on this topic. I would add a name to the foot throttle, a clutch saver. Our Deere tractors all have them, the 4020, 3020, and the loader tractor, a 2510. Once you are going, say working ground, yes the throttle is set for the speed. Planting on the 3020, I slow up throttle, make the turn, drop planter, speed up with foot throttle, then set speed with hand throttle. Might add, I still like the throttle on the steering column. Now, all you farmers with power shifts, range selectors on the go, you change your speed by gear selection, keeping the hydraulics running faster.
I have thousands of hours on industrial equipment, loaders, dozers, quote before hydrostatic drives. They need to have foot throttle control. Might add, none of our tractors ever had a clutch wear out, our 2510 on a loader basically all its working time has been on a loader.
On dozers, the pedal is a de-accelerator, you set the hand throttle for top speed, when slowing up or changing direction, you slow up to shift. Most early power shift transmissions on loaders used reversers ahead of the tranny, later equipment had them built into the power shift transmissions. Once you get use to a de-accelerator, you can go back and forth between different equipment with no problem. Just got done running a old IH TD-8 dozer (my favorite) leveling dirt, never got mixed up which way to go with pedal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)