AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do I need to get into Canada ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CMN
Posted 7/11/2024 09:51 (#10806431 - in reply to #10804838)
Subject: RE: What do I need to get into Canada ?

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
You need to show proof of citizenship.

A valid EDL/ID, or a passport with at least one blank page are the best documents to use. A birth certificate along with a valid State issued Standard ID/DL or Real ID/DL that has proof of current residence should also work. And it's a good idea to have your vehicle registration with as well in case a border guard asks for it.

An EDL (Enhanced Drivers license) makes traveling to and from Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean by land or water easy. The problem is, only five States (Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont and Washington) offer EDL. Why other States don't offer the option I have no idea.

Currently, it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get a passport, maybe 2-3 weeks if a person pays the additional $60.00 fee for expedited service. Don't absolutely count on getting a passport any sooner paying for expedited service. There are a limited number of same day passport locations scattered across the USA. The appointments slots are very limited and "urgent" need of travel has to be proved.

I have no idea what it takes, but you could also join a prescreened "trusted traveler" program like FAST or NEXUS.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)