AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New grain cart? J&M vs Brent vs Unverferth
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hillfarmer
Posted 7/10/2024 22:16 (#10806048 - in reply to #10805705)
Subject: RE: New grain cart? J&M vs Brent vs Unverferth

Glenn W. - 7/10/2024 17:59

jd4930 - 7/11/2024 12:56

Glenn W. - 7/10/2024 14:48

We make the cart drivers fold out before the truck and get lined up to not be too close to the truck. They must also pull away before putting the auger in and allow the grain to slide down the tube so it doesn't dribble on the ground.

The spout has lots of throw. It rotates and will fold in and out. I don't think I would try folding out next to the truck. We have a V1100 and a V1000.

What?! You tell your cart drivers how to run your cart? The humanity........the last time I made a comment like that I was informed I'm a jerk and noone will ever want to work for me if I keep nit picking them lol. We don't fold but I don't think I would fold or unfold any cart beside the truck/trailer either. I know it's a looooong shot but I seen a picture once where the flighting slid out during folding and smashed into the side of the trailer

And I get frustered at anything over a 1/3 of a mile LOL

I don't care how you run your operation as you know it best. We have places it may be 1-3 miles to get to the truck and with power poles and trees with the auger out is a mess. Just replacing our V1000 tube after new operator last year. Brent had their parts diagram messed up for which one so we got the wrong one. Just the hanger to hold it folded in is 9 inches difference and $1800 more for the one we wanted. Still waiting to here back from them. Again out is fine and some of us need it in so we don't spend more money than we have to. We have a distance to travel in some fields because the steep hills don't allow the trucks to get any closer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)