AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

opinions wanted
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdironman
Posted 7/6/2024 19:13 (#10800746 - in reply to #10800527)
Subject: RE: opinions wanted

Nw Iowa
What is the easy button? For average farmer they plan a couple of really nice trips, they move to town or wherever and than what? Boone I know you are a hunter but I bet if you completely quite your off farm business you would be lost? I want to slow down, but retire? Than what? My wife would like to travel alittle more but last thing she wants is for me to be totally retired! I understand if it is a job you hate but most farmers ,but not all, would just as soon feel somewhat useful doing what they always have done but on their terms. Personally I think full retirement is highly overrated. I see a lot of miserable people. I dont want to be one of those that knows what is happening on daytime tv. I have alot of retirement projects I hope I never have time to do all!
Edit I guess my legacy is hopefully with my family, but also realize after a couple of generations I will just be one of those tombstones that family maybe visits on Memorial Day. Trying to set up something that has my name attached doesn’t interest me. I feel if you want to do that kind of thing you are much more effective when you are alive. Handing somebody a check with your name on it is not same as being able to coach somebody while you are alive. Sometimes wisdom if asked for is much more important.

Edited by jdironman 7/6/2024 19:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)