AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agronomically, 32%/ATS sprayed and worked in or Urea/AMS spread and worked in for corn “starter”?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KFLAgri
Posted 7/5/2024 17:48 (#10799598 - in reply to #10799388)
Subject: RE: Agronomically, 32%/ATS sprayed and worked in or Urea/AMS spread and worked in for corn “starter”

Used urea/AMS broadcast and incorporated for many years. Switched a few years ago to 28% and ATS streamed on and incorporated. Urea would have to be awful cheap to go back.

At the time I owned my own pull type dry spreader and my own SP sprayer so that's kind of a wash. Agronomically I'm not sure there is much of a difference but I was able to put up liquid storage relatively cheap especially compared to dry storage and blending capabilities so I went that direction and got rid of my dry spreader. With the urea it was debatable how accurate you could apply without scales on the spreader and your limited with the wind whereas with my own SP sprayer I know exactly how much and where the 28% went. Also don't have to worry about humidity or wind with the sprayer as I use streamer nozzles.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)