AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liberty without AMS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/4/2024 15:25 (#10798321 - in reply to #10798250)
Subject: RE: Liberty without AMS?

Chebanse, IL.....

Not moving on, but thanks for your concern. Not trying to encourage or discourage anyone to use or not use liquid AMS in Liberty. I'm not saying it's better or lesser in performance. If someone says it's against the label to use it, they must have a different label. Please link it.

Liquid AMS is more expensive. Who said it wasn't?

I'm interested in where you can show me that BASF does NOT support using liquid AMS. You can make your own liquid AMS. We did that too in the past. Aqua AMS is not an AMS substitute, it's AMS in solution. I'm not interested in cutting rates of any product. Never have. Besides reading labels and product information, we also use real-time information from trusted suppliers. The ones we deal with aren't afraid to say "don't do that...you'll be sorry...". We generally try to row in the same direction as the other paddlers.

Copy/paste from the BASF LIberty label. I see nothing about the form of AMS requiring dry spray-grade AMS vs liquid AMS:

• Ammonium sulfate (AMS) can be used at 1.5 lbs/A to 3 lbs/A. Rates are dependent on tank mix partners, environmental conditions, temperatures and potential for leaf burn.

If one reads the label, 2 things stand out. Note they say "can be", not "must be". Not my words, but BASF with agreement from EPA. I can't imagine not using AMS in Liberty however. Also, it says, 1.5-3 lbs/A. It doesn't say MUST BE 3 lbs/A. 

Copy/paste from "Liberty Herbicide Best Practices" publication c/o BASF:

AMS is a key component to include in the tank when applying Liberty herbicide. It helps soften the water by tying up antagonistic calcium and magnesium ions and increases the overall activity of the herbicide. AMS provides free ammonium ions to help Liberty herbicide maximize its efficacy for control of tough weeds. BASF recommends 1.5 to 3.0 pounds of AMS per acre. For local recommendations, talk to your area BASF representative. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)