AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fence ideas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

littlejo
Posted 6/30/2024 15:31 (#10793446 - in reply to #10792664)
Subject: RE: Fence ideas?

Big Sky Country
WCWI - 6/29/2024 22:20

Have the same issue, we have the field inside of the curve and they come flying down the county road, run the stop sign and end up out in the pasture., happens every couple of years, try not to have cattle out there too much. I just run 2 hot wires and put them back up, corners are good enough that I only have to put some insulators on and refasten the wires. Best one was the last time, deputies loaded the vehicle on either a flatbed or hooked it up to the tow truck in the middle of winter, you could see cattle tracks in the snow, poop and a 1/2 eaten round bale, but never bothered to call, luckily the cattle were scared thru the back fence and did not come back before I got there the next morning. I mentioned this to the Sheriff, I was told my liability , not their's, I thought to myself, if it ever happens I will get a good enough lawyer to make it interesting anyway! Tempted to put a few rocks out there, but one would feel really crappy if someone got hurt because of it, not to mention it would be my liability.

Different country—-here:”who’s field? Any cows in it?” Comes right after “anybody hurt?’
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)