AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flooding in 24 compared to 15?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Beanseeder
Posted 6/22/2024 13:59 (#10783509 - in reply to #10783382)
Subject: I politely disagree with your assessment of Wisconsin crop prediction

Outagamie County WI
Please come take a drive around East central Wisconsin. Better yet, fly over it. EAA in Oshkosh in a few weeks.

There were many acres mudded in here the last 10 days. June planted crops historically do not turn out above average in my area. We finished Tuesday. The last 150 acres of beans we did were nothing to be proud of but thankfully it’s planted. Hopefully it makes it.Anyone looking on our maps on operations center would be asking how long we were at the bar before going out in the field. We had to be creative and went around lots of wet spots. There are many acres not planted yet. Water and weeds are all over. I will take the “Under” on total bushel production on both corn and beans in Wisconsin this year compared to last year.

The corn planted April 20-25 looks good. After that it just kept raining. Beans are really struggling. Making hay has been a struggle. Many have not started first cutting yet when normally they would be on second cutting. Spraying and side dressing has been difficult as well.

Hinfarms would be able to give an update from west of here in the sand country. I have not been that way but I would guess there are good crops in his area. They deserve it after what they went through with the dry weather last year.

Please don’t misunderstand me. We don’t have it anywhere near as bad as the pics posted from Minnesota Iowa and South Dakota. An average crop from Wisconsin is still possible if the weather changes but there will be higher demand for corn silage feed purchases. There are a lot of large dairies that haven’t finished planting yet and they have a lot of mouths to feed. Record coming from Wisconsin, not this year.

Prayers to those affected by the flooding.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)