AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jon Kinzenbaw interview
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 6/21/2024 14:23 (#10782395 - in reply to #10782360)
Subject: RE: Jon Kinzenbaw interview

I personally don't think the whole story is told here..................You don't need to repower something when you got a good engine in it from the start, bash the 806's and up, but the 361, 407, and Later Melrose engines were good, they had power, took abuse, throw a bigger turbo on it, still went.............You weren't going to do that with a 404 at that point, and the 531 was a ship wreck that had a power band on par with a briggs and stratton...........Second, you drop in a Detroit, you are using more HP than torque through the driveline, and I bet the lone 1256 he did, the guy tried to run it like it still had the DT407 in it and that didn't work, also a Deere dry clutch weren't great behind a 404, how were they going to hold up to a Detroit, so if Deere didn't have a powershift, where would have all this ended up? About the same as the so called junk IH's............

I often wondered how most of the tractors he repowered were used, most were for tillage I assume..............Never heard of any of them going on choppers or other pto equipment, often wondered how the PTO driveline would have held up?

My biggest question I have always had, when Deere started giving trouble with getting row units, why did he want to rip off that design? Always thought there could have been improvements made and still used the same meter in it. Maybe there is a reason, but I never heard it.

Edited by TP from Central PA 6/21/2024 14:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)