AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

COFFEE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/20/2024 08:39 (#10780888 - in reply to #10780603)
Subject: RE: As our tour guide at a high end Costa Rica Coffee plantation

Pittsburg, Kansas

I remember years ago in mountainous area (think it was Mexico but it could have been Honduras - been a long time ago) the road we were on was paved with concrete gutters in certain areas I suppose with high flow when it rained. The locals used this concrete gutter area to dry their coffee beans. I don't know if these beans eventually went to a warehouse and got made into international coffee blends or if it was just processed and used locally. We were not coffee drinkers at the time so were not all that interested other than it was strange to run across all of these seeds spread out quite often along the road. Sometimes sacks where they were gathering them up after they were dry I would suppose.

The other coffee experience was in Costa Rica when I was with a group and the group toured a coffee plantation with a guide. We got to see the raw fruit on the bush and he explained about its raising and harvest. Again, was not much of a coffee drinker (cup once in a great while but not every day) but was a farmer so was interested in it from the farming standpoint.

Lot of work and transportation goes into our cup of Joe.

Edited by John Burns 6/20/2024 09:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)