AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4 wheeler sprayers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 6/19/2024 08:04 (#10779740 - in reply to #10779470)
Subject: RE: 4 wheeler sprayers

East of Broken Bow
I have a Superior that I got probably close to 15 years ago. I spray 400 acres of pasture for thistles and such every year, as well as Gly around field edges and where we lay out gated pipe. Would say I run 500 gallons or more of spray through it on the average year, and it is still on the original pump and controls. On its 3rd or 4th spray wand already mostly because something like a tree branch or weed snags it and then I drop it and run it over.
Everything about it is top quality, and it is 99% USA made, or at least mine is. Except for one little valve that says 'Spain' everything else says USA on it, even things like pipe elbows. It wasn't cheap, but my brother who shops by price is on his 3rd or 4th ATV sprayer since I bought my Superior.
Mine has a wand, as well as boomless broadcast nozzles in the back. I like the boomless in that I can drive along a field edge where the sprayer didn't quite get to the edge, and spray 3-4 rows in without driving into the crop. I can also drive along a fence, and spray the weeds not just to the fenceline, but 4-6 feet to the other side if I want to.

Edit to add: Mine has the horseshoe shaped tank that drops down in front of the rear fenders. MUCH, MUCH, more stable than just a tank of the same size on top of the rack. In addition to carrying the load lower, it has a baffle inside so it doesn't slosh.

Edited by HuskerJ 6/19/2024 08:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)