AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain leg Perpendicular or Parallel to Dump Conveyor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/18/2024 05:47 (#10778376 - in reply to #10778295)
Subject: RE: Grain leg Perpendicular or Parallel to Dump Conveyor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My corn goes through the drying setup that belongs to my nephew and his sons. It consists of a wet leg and a separate dry leg. Both the "UP" and "DOWN" sides of the dry leg are used. I believe the reason the leg is situated such as it is has to to due with the distributor on top and the location of the bins that are filled from it. This setup evolved through the years and due to space limitations evolved the way it did. Had it been setup in the middle of a field, it would likely have been done much differently.

The dry leg is used as follows:

Usual Scenario: Corn coming out of the field requires artificial drying. Wet corn is loaded into Bin #1 via an auger in the dump pit. An auger in Bin #1 leads to the wet leg. This leg carries the wet corn up in the air where it can fall into the top of the dryer or Wet Bin #2.

Dry corn coming out of the dryer falls into one side of the dry leg which carries the dried corn up in the air where it falls into the storage bin selected b the distributor.

Alternate Scenario: Corn coming out of the field is dry enough for short term storage and usage as hog feed. This corn is also loaded into Bin #1 from the dump pit. However an alternate auger is used to "bypass" the wet leg. This corn goes directly from Bin #1 to the other side of the dry leg which again carries the corn up in the air to fall into the desired storage bin.

So sometimes the "UP" side but other times the "DOWN" side of the dry leg is used. As far as which side was chosen for which, I'm not certain as the height limitation that others have mentioned is not a factor in this setup. I'm guessing the orientation was dictated by other factors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)