AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who makes the best machine shed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FFJR
Posted 2/16/2010 13:33 (#1077802 - in reply to #1076764)
Subject: RE: who makes the best machine shed?

nc IA
Do a search here and you will find alot of other past info on this as well, In my past I sold for morton, that said, I put up my shop using a local contractor and lumberyard - but it was built to MY specifications - not theirs. If I build a machineshed in the future, I will probably look at both again and re-evaluate at that time.

Your first word is the most important - WHO - You are asking the right question - but getting a bit different focus then what you need I think - What you need to do is ask each person / salesman / company you are considering to show you a couple buildings built by the exact same crew that will build yours should you buy from them. the crew is the key to flashing a building, closing up any seams / gaps, ensuring the right fastners are installed correctly - not too deep or loose etc.

IMHO - the construction crew is the kingpin of a long term successful building more then anything else.

It's all about the specs - A wick / fbi / menards - all have the same materials available as a morton if asked / specified for. All have higher rated trusses for additional snow loads available as another example. Once you've identified a good crew and are comparing a package price that actually is apples to apples I think you will have a much easier decision.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)