AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steer Command SCM Update Required
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/17/2024 07:37 (#10777270 - in reply to #10777014)
Subject: I agree.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I use InCommand 1200's with GPS 6500's and one 7500. I dislike the 4 pin ethernet connector that is now used. With some connectors I am able to connect them "blind" by feel without physically looking at the connector. This is not the case with the ethernet style connector that is now being used.

I find that removing the InCommand so that I can literally observe the connector as I attach it works much better. Trying to connect it "blind by feel" often results in cross threading and might lead me to believe I am fully mated when I'm not.

I too, wish that Ag Leader would have chosen a completely different name for the current hydraulic steering arrangement. I don't know if their idea was to follow Chevrolet's lead with the "Z" business or what but it would save confusion if that had chosen a completely different name.

Of course, they are not the only ones who have done this. Deere changed their corn heads a fair amount in the 600 series but still kept the same naming schene. So it was possible to have an old 608C or a newer 608C.

I have a double confusing name game situation. I have an older Deere 8310 tractor with an InCommand 1200 with a GPS 6500 on WAAS. It uses the original Steer Command and an external steering valve. I also have a Deere 8310R with an InCommand 1200 with a GPS 7500 on Terra Star Pro C. It uses the current Steer Command Z2 through Deere's CAN .

So the "R" has the "Z" but the non "R" has the non "Z". Then there's the 8120 with InCommand 1200, GPS 6500 on WAAS, SteerCommand and external steering valve. The 9770 combine uses an InCommand 1200 with the 7500 for harvesting. It has Steady Steer in it for harvesting soybeans. It has a feeler system for corn.

Then there's the old STX-450 Quad that came with a Trimble 750 on WAAS and a Nav II.

Keeping the tractors straight in conversations works out OK since we refer to the 8310R as the "R" and older 8310 as the "8310".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)