AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Temperature article
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 6/15/2024 09:52 (#10775262 - in reply to #10774684)
Subject: RE: Temperature article

North of London
So many points.

First you seem to have different understanding of how science works.
I understand that a hypothesis has to be able to be replicated and confirmed by others in the appropriate field to become accepted as a theory.
A theory can then be tweaked corrected and improved on by anyone after that BUT their changes have to be confirmed by other experts and accepted by consensus by the majority to be accepted.
It is not a popularity contest.
I am not wise enough to pick what new ideas/hypothesis might be correct so await the decision by professionals and accept what the majority agree to.
If you see new ideas as true then you should write a paper to support the idea so it becomes accepted.

Suicides are less now in Canada than before covid so if higher in the US then there is something different between our 2 countries but not covid unless it has to do with the higher death rate in US from covid compare to Canada.
So I have no reason to get excited about suicide rates since they are lower here.
I do think lockdowns, especially in schools in Ontario, went on longer than many other jurisdictions and % vaccinated in Canada was higher than in the US which probably partly explains lower death rates here.

Dr Fauci does not impact medical decisions here so I don't know what he said or did that was so troubling to you.
I do know the President he was working under had some peculiar ideas and advice that did not seem to be rational or good.

To wrap up I go back to the measles vaccine and how 1 false paper was just believed to be true by some before science had time to refute it and many still continue to just believe that the vaccine is harmful so keep their children from what is a life saving shot in the case of the child here in Ontario and the others who ended up with measles and in hospital in some cases may have life long repercussions from the disease. A disease that was eliminated from the country a few years ago until those people stopped getting their children vaccinated. How did they accept that 1 false claim? They thought they were accepting new info but of course it had not been tested by other experts who found out it was false info when they did try to replicate those findings.

Again I will await the consensus to agree rather than just believe in new unproven hypothesis

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)