AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm semi drivers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/12/2024 05:37 (#10771833 - in reply to #10771577)
Subject: RE: Farm semi drivers.

central - east central Minnesota -

Vigarfarms - 6/11/2024 20:58 I understand the whole cdl requirement or non requirements in this case. But at what age has your farm began letting young guys drive. Basically a 50 mile round trip about all directions we haul here. The biggest question is how have you handled insurance our trucks are in a separate LLC last time I checked on adding someone 19-20 it nearly doubled our premium. I don’t feel this is the place to do as you want an ask questions later because that more then likely will be after something or someone is hurt. I see a lot of young guys setting in line or maybe I’m just getting old a they aren’t all as young as it seems.

As pointed out, you list the drivers - age has little to do with the insurance. Yes, it may cost more - but, Shop Around. If it is all farm, then age should have less to do with premium then commercial (hauling someone else goods). There is no way around the liability, regardless of owned or LLC ownership. You need to pay for the insurance. There are no short cuts that can protect your assets. 

I'll touch on the topic of LLC for shielding the rest of the business from liability - It only works if you can show/document the LLC is truly a seperate business. There are those that do not follow the laws/regulations accordingly and the LLC will not shield from the business or farm. That's one reason why they have insurance for - a guy should have umbrellas for the LLC and farm or other business for that time when the truck wrecks and insurance attorneys come after you business's. Sloppy book keeping of a LLC is an easy target for attorneys to pierce and then go after the main business/farm to get more settlement. . . . . 

Edited by iseedit 6/12/2024 05:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)