AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Application Rate Module: Not Found, Why? Frustrating!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/30/2024 07:38 (#10756412 - in reply to #10755463)
Subject: More

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
OK, I now have a better mental picture of what you have and are trying to do. I will offer some suggestions and reasons for the difficulty you are having with the configuration.

When you first set up the configuration you apparently chose to setup a planting configuration since after all you were working with a planter. When you chose a planting configuration, the Ag Leader system assumes you wish to use it with some aspect of working with the seed. It might be as simple as just recording varieties which doesn't even require a module. It might get more complex by using modules for population, section control, hydraulic drive etc. But again when you went down the "planter" route, the system was expecting that you wanted it to work with the seed in some respect.

When you tried expanding the configuration to include working with the fertilizer you were then asking the system to work with more than one "product". Your Integra display CAN work with multiple products at the same time BUT this requires the Multi-Product unlock. Even working with split planter where you are planting two different varieties of seed and wish to keep track of them is considered two products. Since you don't have the multi-product unlock you were prevented from adding the fertilizer to a planter configuration.

If you would purchase the multi-product unlock, then you would be able to have the Integra show information about seed and control your fertilizer. Since our planter uses Ag Leader modules for working with seed, starter fertilizer and spray, we must have the multi-product unlock. This unlock stays with the display and can be used in other situations beside planting should that be desirable.

Since you don't have the multi-product unlock and probably don't want to purchase it, you should create an Application configuration such as would be used with a sprayer. You will be asked questions that would apply to a sprayer (really your planter) and have nothing to do with seed in any respect. So create a new configuration but don't go down the planting route, go down the Application Route.

You will need the information about the tractor as far as the GPS distances etc. You will also be asked information about the "sprayer" which is really your planter as far as width, sections, distance etc. You will also be asked about control. There are various choices but you want to choose the one listed as a Liquid Product Control Module and not an Application Rate Module. Within that subsection there will be a section about the type of control.

The default setting will be for using a Butterfly type control valve in the spray line which is commonly used with sprayers but not your setup. You will want to choose PWM 12V. This informs the system to produce the short shots of electricity to open a PWM hydraulic valve at the appropriate height or in your case to trigger your DC motor driver. There are some values on that screen concerning the default settings. As mentioned earlier, you are correct about the modified meter cal since you divided it by 10.

I just did this with my Hagie sprayer that uses a PWM valve. One item is the low flow offset which by default is 30, Another is the standby low offset, this defaults to 50. Another is the Gain which defaults to 800. The low flow offset is the minimum setting where the pump just starts to run, The standby low offset is a somewhat higher value that is used with sprayer to maintain some agitation even with all the sections off. In your case you might want to set this to the low flow value.

The Gain is how fast the system responds to change such as a change in ground speed. When you increase your ground speed, the rate will be low temporarily but then "catch up" to the desired rate. If this works but seems too slow then increasing the Gain might be desirable. The danger is that if the Gain is set too high, the system might over respond and go way high and then need to drop back down. If the calculated applied rate never "catches up" with the target rate you have chosen, then there are pump or plumbing problems or limitations.

As far as checking the implement switch, the switch needs to complete the circuit when the planter is down in the planting position and break the circuit when it is raised.

I would use a jumper in place of the implement switch at first. Then you can start/stop the pump with the Master switch on the switch box.

Once this is all working, then remove the jumper and try the implement switch. If it is wired and mounted correctly then the pump should stop when you raise the planter. If this is "backwards", you need to change the wiring or mount the switch differently. Most implement switches have three terminals. A common, a Normally Open (NO) and a Normally Closed (NC). You will always use the Common and either the NO or NC terminal. If the switch action is backwards leave the wire on the Common terminal but move the other wire to the unused terminal.

Good Luck

Edited by tedbear 5/30/2024 07:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)