AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ohio Ag Equipment announcement???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 5/29/2024 07:44 (#10755300 - in reply to #10755173)
Subject: RE: Ohio Ag Equipment announcement???

Jeffersonville, OH
Jay NE Ohio - 5/29/2024 07:12
Chris,
I was talking to one of the Ohio Ag mechanics that works out of the former Witmers location (Columbiana). He said that Agco "lost" stores in western Pennsylvania recently and they have been covering that area as they are the closest dealer now. I think he said they are driving east several hours to service some customers.

If they close this location, that is a BIG hole! I have used Lowe and Young in the past for a few things and they are a good dealer..... but they are over an hour west. If they have to cover PA too, that is a LONG drive for their mechanics!

I've bought parts from your location too when Ohio Ag didn't have some things in stock for my Gleaner. 3 hour drive, but I really appreciate your inventory.

What I am saying: If someone doesn't step up, AGCO is going to die in this area. I love my Gleaner combine, Hesston mower and MF tractor, but when harvesting or making hay, I can't spend 6 hours on the road to get parts or waiting on a tech.

Unfortunately, stepping up is a multi-million dollar commitment in capital, and who knows what in personnel...the hardest part is finding the people to staff what we already own, let alone opening more...

I'm not sure what stores AGCO lost in Western PA, there weren't many I knew of to start with. Watsons in Hermitage PA is a good smaller dealer, and does a good job. As far as anyone between them and Agriteer in the east, I have no idea.

AGCO is very aware of what is going on, and is trying to find solutions...Ohio Machinery Co. dropped this months earlier than everyone was planning from my understanding

All of us dealers are doing everything in our power to plug the holes, WITHOUT sacrificing the quality of service to our existing customers...at the end of the day, this mess in not solely on the shoulders of AGCO, though they do share a part in it. We all understand the ramifications of this, but ultimately, we can only do so much ourselves.
Chris

Edited by c_mayer 5/29/2024 07:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)