AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Application Rate Module: Not Found, Why? Frustrating!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/29/2024 05:49 (#10755154 - in reply to #10755121)
Subject: I don't think you have one.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You mention that you have an Auxiliary Input Module (connects to a switch or switch box) and a Liquid Product Control Module (conects to a DC motor driver). Both modules are connected to the CAN bus and are being recognized by the system.

Your concern is that the system replies with Application Rate Module not found. I'm very certain that when you created your original configuration you made a mistake.

You incorrectly created a configuration that calls for an Application Rate Module. This is incorrect for your situation although they are used with planters such as my arrangement. An Application Rate Module (if you had one) can be used to monitor but not control liquids. This explains why you are getting the error message. Your configuration is calling for a module which is not present.

You need to delete that configuration and create a new configuration that involves Direct Command and the Liquid Module instead. You will be asked various questions about the number of sections, boom widths, meter cal etc. Note that if you are using a Raven flow meter, you will need to divide the Raven suggested Meter Cal by 10.

In the control section, you will need to change it to a PWM type setup since apparently you are using a DC motor driver to ultimately drive an electric pump to deliver the fertilizer.

The reason that the DC driver is needed is that the Liquid Product Control module can work with PWM if the PWM device only requires a "light" electrical load such as a PWM hydraulic valve. The maximum current that the Liquid Module can produce is around 1 AMP. Your fertilizer pump likely needs more current than that so the DC driver gets involved. The DC pump driver is connected to the tractor battery with a pair of fairly heavy wires. It is connected to the fertilizer pump with another pair of fairly heavy wires. It is connected to the Liquid module with a pair of fairly light wires. In operation, the Liquid Module produces short "shots" of electricity in an attempt to run the fertilizer pump at the correct speed to attain the desired rate. The DC motor driver receives those "shots" and creates high current "shots" to run the pump that mimic the incoming shots or pulses. Thus the Liquid Module "sets the pace" in a sense but the DC motor driver actually drives the fertilizer pump.

When using a Liquid Module, it is necessary to have either a working implement switch which completes the implement switch loop or a jumper in its place to operate. That way in normal operation, the pump will stop when the planter is raised. When the planter is lowered, the pump may run depending on other conditions.

For testing purposes, the planter will need to be lowered to activate the implement switch or a jumper is temporarily needed to get the module to run the pump.

Edited by tedbear 5/29/2024 06:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)