AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hydraulic steering valve For a 8870 ford new holland geniuses tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JAnderson
Posted 5/28/2024 08:24 (#10754236 - in reply to #10754197)
Subject: RE: hydraulic steering valve For a 8870 ford new holland geniuses tractor

McCanna, ND
WTW - 5/28/2024 06:53

Donald - 5/27/2024 13:59

Is a hydraulic steering valve for the genesis series of New Holland tractors available? Has anybody ever installed these instead of using a steering wheel assist motor like a John Deere Atu 300 ?

Just trying to improve the accuracy of the steering now that I got RTK for that accuracy would like to take any wiggle out of the steering

Yes, hydraulic steering valves for the Genesis tractors have been available in the past. I imagine they still are. We use a Trimble supplied valve in ours with a third party steering controller. Due to the super steer system a fair bit of tweaking is required to minimize the wiggle of the installed system.

Outback, Raven, TeeJet, Trimble and probably others would all have offered a hydraulic steering solution for the Genesis tractor.

Walter does your system run a wheel angle sensor? Have had 2 outback hydraulic systems and now Topcon steering wheels that use wheel angle sensors. I find they steer as good or better then anything else, didn’t have any extra headache setting up or tuning.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)