AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

spray booms on 4-wheeler
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Stacy
Posted 2/14/2010 22:18 (#1075103 - in reply to #1074976)
Subject: Re: spray booms on 4-wheeler

Triplett / Brunswick MO / Brookfield
You can look at the small fold up booms at Orschlens. I have one, and don't use it. We spray several acres of CRP every year, as well as our lot, and we also spray for skeeters around the house. Since we aren't wanting a kill on the CRP, but rather just to retard growth, we use one tip that is supposed to spray 43 feet. If I remember right, I think we run close to 40 lbs of pressure, and the real width is more like 30-33'. We spray 15 MPH and use about 2 - 2.25 gallons per acre. Spraying our lot for weeds, or around our home for skeeters, we spray about 12 - 15' wide, 5-7 MPH and do a good job.
My SIL has a boomless sprayer set up with three tips, it's no wider than the 4-wheeler, but has a pretty good sray width as well as good coverage.

When buying or setting up a 4-wheeler sprayer, I would for sure suggest big amp motor (ours is 3.8, but you can get 5 amp ones now), return line, small sump if possable, an on off switch. Make sure the wire you use is heavy enough to do the job, because we found the first ones we bought would get hot enough to melt the plug where you connect and dissconect the power.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)