AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

closing stores because of weather.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 5/24/2024 09:05 (#10749835 - in reply to #10747622)
Subject: RE: closing stores because of weather.

East of Broken Bow
Chris - 5/22/2024 08:54

Are people really that stupid that they can't tell a storm is bad?  I've seen the sky blacken or turn green and knew since I was a kid to get to the house and the basement. 

I have a friend that manages a grocery store, and he said their busiest times are generally when the streets and sidewalks are getting slick from snow/ice, and he doesn't know why. They are forecasting a snowstorm 3 days ahead, yet people come in after the snow starts falling to get stuff, presumably thinking if they get it the last minute it will be 'fresher'.
He has gotten to the point his is one of the first stores to close when the weather starts to turn bad. He has witnessed many parking lot dents/dings when it gets slick but what really worries him is someone falling on the sidewalk and hurting themselves. First, he is a compassionate guy and doesn't want to see anyone hurt, and second he is also a practical guy, and knows if enough people slip and fall on his sidewalk/lot it is only a matter of time before a lawsuit appears, as there are times you just can't keep up with the weather preventing slick spots on the walk/lot. If he's closed, people legally have no standing as they should not be at his business when he is not open.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)