AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

closing stores because of weather.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 5/22/2024 12:34 (#10747824 - in reply to #10747622)
Subject: RE: court house closed for a dirt Devil….

southern MN
Several years ago I had to go to the courthouse for some paperwork. 25 mile drive.

It was cold out, 50-60 degrees. Weather was sun and clouds. An odd pattern developed that created a ‘cold funnel’ cloud up in the sky. These are rare, have no power at all, with the cool temps on the ground it really never could develop into an actual tornado. There was fairly low humidity. Zero conditions for an actual tornado.

Basically there was a dirt Devil twister up in the sky and it was neat to see the cold funnel up over head in the mostly sunny sky. It would pull in a cloud and make a dirt Devil up there. It did last a long time, was horizontal across the sky.

Get to the court house and it was closed.

Apparently everyone was hiding in the basement, because the funnel cloud was called in, and this was the protocol.

So I had to waste 45 minutes of my day waiting for the courthouse staff to get an all clear so they could work again from the horrible dangers of a dirt Devil that wasn’t even near the ground.

My gosh, someone could have lost their cap! The horrors. We live in dangerous times for sure.

Paul

Edited by paul the original 5/22/2024 12:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)