AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OS (C:) Drive too small
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

JRosenberger
Posted 5/22/2024 10:34 (#10747728 - in reply to #10747699)
Subject: RE: OS (C:) Drive too small

Milford, IL
Moving pictures, video, music files is easy. Can 'drag and drop' - create a new folder in the E: drive and move files from the C: drive to E:. Windows 11 defaults to storing 'my pictures' 'my videos' 'my music' in the C: drive. These may be subfolders in the 'my documents' folder. I think the file path is c:/users/*your username*/my documents - but this is from memory - Im typing this reply from a Linux OS laptop and cant double check. Right click 'cut and paste' still works but is hidden by default in Windows 11. Keyboard command (highlight files, then ctrl+x to cut and control+v to paste still works)

The 'downloads' folder is also in this file path and might have large amounts of stored files.

Moving applications is a little more involved. Can't 'drag and drop' as this will not snag the associated system files that are stored in other folders. Best way is to uninstall programs that are currently on the C: drive and reinstall them on the E: drive - will probably have to select the 'advanced' or 'custom' install option when completing the installation process. Please back up any documents, saves, company files, etc that are on the C: drive before uninstalling - most programs will give a prompt asking if save files should be kept or tossed but don't take a chance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)