AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Indy 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 5/21/2024 06:24 (#10746393 - in reply to #10745999)
Subject: RE: Indy 500

SWOH
Walton Farms - 5/20/2024 19:04

Thanks for the tips, we've done the US nationals a few times, can't imagine anything more powerful than a top fuel/funny car going by and having the bleachers shake lol.

I'm not an Indy car follower but always try to listen or watch the 500 on TV. Would definitely be cool to see it in person

The racing part is a pretty cool thing to see if you’ve never been to an Indycar race. If you’ve been to qualifying you already have had the sense of how fast they’re going and the sound. The atmosphere before the Indy 500 is the cool part of it for me. It’s different than any other race I’ve ever been to. I’ve been to some really action packed 500’s and some real snooze fests where you look and it’s only lap 50 and it seems like you’ve been there forever already. But I’ve been to a few that were over before they seemed like they should’ve been. But it’s just a cool experience to go to at least one time. Qualifying and Carb day are just a different atmosphere than race day. Weather can also make or break it too. I’ve been to a few rain outs, rain delays, tornadoes one year, years I had to wear a coat and still got cold, and years it was miserably hot with no clouds and no breeze. As with any sporting event if you aren’t already a fan, pick a car to follow. Otherwise it’ll probably be a long day just watching cars drive around in a circle for 3 hours. I don’t have a favorite driver in that series, but I have several I pull for whenever I watch. I’m really interested to see what Larson does so I’ll be following him. But also pulling for AJ’s team, they seem to be on it this year for the 500 and it’d be cool to see AJ celebrating a win again. I’ll be watching Marco and Helio too, they might have a chance. And I’ll be hoping Penske doesn’t win another one, but they look really good so far. Should be a good race with a lot of storylines.

I watch it on TV or listen to it on the radio in the sprayer the years I can’t go. They don’t do it justice. It’s just a cool experience to be there in person at least one time. And then it makes it different after that when you watch it on tv too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)