AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Indy 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 5/20/2024 13:24 (#10745743 - in reply to #10745688)
Subject: RE: Indy 500

SWOH
How old are the boys? They might see some things in the infield you don't want them to see if they're on the younger side :-)

I sat in the infield in turn 2 several years ago and it was ok. You can't see much other than what is right there but you can usually see the jumbo screen. It was a little rowdy but not bad. The rowdiness is around the snake pit closer to turn 4 and the college kids usually sit in turn 3. I've sat in the stands in the short chute closer to the turn 4 side and it wasn't the greatest. I've sat in the middle of turn 4 and it was ok because you could kind of see what was going on in the pits and front stretch and turn 4 and coming out of 3. I've sat under the awning on the front stretch where you could see everything going on in the pits but not much of the front stretch. It was ok, kept the sun off me but it was hot under the awning and those are the pricey seats. For several years we sat in turn 3 more toward the backstretch side and those were my favorite. Could see coming out of 2, the whole backstretch, all of turn 3 and the short chute and going into 4, and there's a jumbo screen right there. Down side is they're getting off the throttle there so the speed is down a little. But they were really good seats. We used to camp at the school across the road on that end of the track and it wasn't a terrible walk and really easy to get out afterward and beat the traffic if you didn't hang around long after the race. And it didn't cost much to camp there overnight. There are usually a bunch of college kids camping there too so if you can put up with the noise Saturday night they're all usually passed out by 1 or 2. We used to go to IRP the night before and didn't get back until late anyways.

I'm excited to see what Larson can do. I hope it's a safe race, they are flying and cars look a little sketchy. Except for the Penske guys. As much as I don't like Penske, I have to give them some respect. They're getting it done.

Edit to add: It's like Hinch said during the broadcast last year when they showed the snake pit on tv...It's not a place for children but there's probably a few being made there ...

Edited by boa628 5/20/2024 13:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)