AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wetland ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdironman
Posted 5/20/2024 08:25 (#10745493 - in reply to #10745219)
Subject: RE: Wetland ???

Nw Iowa
I have a piece that qualifies, looked into wet land bank, even sat down with the engineers. It is a perfect piece, doesn’t affect any bodies drainage. It was about 12-14 acres give or take. Here was the problems that I ran into. 1. they only credit actual wetland acres. So anything around what is qualified as actual wetland acres gets no credit as I remember or reduced credit. In my case only about 60-65% qualified as full credits but had costs for whole area affected. 2. Has to be engineered, very costly 3. Seed was around 700-800 a acre which had to be put in whole thing That wasn’t so bad but if it diid not grow or drowned out before it grew it had to be replanted. If I remember engineering firm had to do checks on this for two years. For instance I worried about some overspray from somebody as still crop on 3 sides of it. 4. Our area didn’t qualify for twin cities or Rochester so credits could be slow to sell. When I was all done and did it was just too costly and risky. I elected to just put in in the wetlands CRP program and see what happens in 10 years.
Edit If you are in a REA that is short on the credits, state offered more help to make it happen.

Edited by jdironman 5/20/2024 08:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)