AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I’m not for gun control at all ..,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 5/19/2024 22:17 (#10745192 - in reply to #10745161)
Subject: RE: The govt is "us" so what are you doing to shape the future?

Pvafarm - 5/19/2024 21:52 Have you worked extensively on issues in your state? Do you actually help pay for a trade association advocate (also works as lobbyist when that component is needed) as I do? Yes we have many consultants that pay out of their own pockets so we have representation. There's no money available from things like "corn grower membership" fees to support this. It's a real check i write each year. We are making a difference. Yes, your example of EPA regs can be onerous but it's up to the DNR to implement them as they see fit in each state IF the state chooses. You can play the woe is me card as I see you do or you can step up and make a difference.

Yes I do support state organizations and am involved in a couple.    

You realize that I'm talking about the problems being mostly at the federal level correct?    That is the level that is out of control and we have little hope of correcting it short of a major shakeup.

For the most part, the state of Iowa is well run.    There are issues but they are mostly manageable issues.    The ones that are not manageable are the ones being pushed by the feds, the state really has no choice unless they want to fight the federal govt and lose.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)