AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

crazy shipping question??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 5/19/2024 17:52 (#10744927 - in reply to #10743580)
Subject: RE: crazy shipping question??

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

My wife's hobby is making greeting cards. She loves to do that but she is also a cheapskate. I'm thankful that she is. Otherwise, our financial situation would not be nearly as good as it is. There are dealers here in the US that sell the supplies and equipment she uses in her hobby. A lot of what she uses are dies that she puts through a roller that is a miniature version of the old wringer washing machine. Those dies cut all kinds of intricate shapes into the paper. She can order a set from China for $2.00 that would cost her $20.00 to buy from a US dealer. The US dealer gets their dies from the same place in China. My wife places her order and in less than a week it's in our mailbox.

On the other hand, she has started using Walmart's delivery service. She orders groceries and other sundries via the Walmart app on her phone. Occasionally, the local store won't have in stock what she orders so they source it from somewhere else. It might arrive in a couple of weeks or it might not arrive at all. Recently, she ordered a bottle of liquid laundry detergent. It was coming from someplace in Florida. Within a couple of days she received notice that it had been delivered. I checked the front door. No detergent. Same story at the garage door. On the app it said to wait a couple of days before starting anything. Two days later I called Walmart. Their response: "Sorry about that. We'll credit your credit card." No attempt to get the originally ordered product. Just, "Sorry. You'll have to reorder."

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)