AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Losing my cool
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 5/19/2024 08:11 (#10744527 - in reply to #10743838)
Subject: RE: Losing my cool

Amherst WI
HuskerJ - 5/18/2024 10:41

I understand people are in a crunch to get things done, but someone giving me the finger while they are doing something illegal would put me over the edge.
'Here' we need a pesticide application card. If you spray outside of proper parameters, you could lose it.
If a person were to take video of him spraying, a screenshot of the current weather, you could get him to lose his permit.

Probably what I would have done was meet him at the edge of the field, or try to catch him when he is refilling and ask if he would not spray when a strong wind is blowing into my yard. Perhaps he doesn't realize how far it is drifting. However, if he tells me to go fly a kite, my next stop would be at the County Agent, and turn him in . I have no tolerance for someone who would intentionally spray chemicals knowing they were drifting on kids.
Again, if he was unaware, that is one thing, but if he knows it and goes on anyway, that would be more than I could take.

Last week a student who habitually drives well over the 15 mph limit by the school in town had their car's picture taken and posted on the local social media happenings page after he flew down the road and flipped off the mom who had enough who was yelling at him to slow down.

The vast array of responses where eye opening from its none of your business to take his license away.

One of the school board members was on the side of the kid who was acting like an asshat. I have to say I thought that was pretty eye opening too. If it was her child darting into traffic (like kids can do) and ending up as a hood ornament would the reaction had been the same? See my rule number 1 below***
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)